We are currently involved in design, supply and installation, commissioning and maintenance of Cooling Towers, all tailored to your specific requirements.
We also specialize in FRP Cooling Towers.
Cooling towers are heat removal devices used to transfer process waste heat to the atmosphere. Cooling towers may either use the evaporation of water to remove process heat and cool the working fluid to near the wet-bulb air temperature or, in the case of closed circuit dry cooling towers, rely solely on air to cool the working fluid to near the dry-bulb air temperature. Cooling Towers are classified by build, Air flow to water.
Categorization by air-to-water flow
Crossflow is a design in which the air flow is directed perpendicular to the water flow.
- Gravity water distribution allows smaller pumps and maintenance while in use.
- Non-pressurized spray simplifies variable flow.
- Typically lower initial and long-term cost, mostly due to pump requirements.
In a Counterflow design, the air flow is directly opposite to the water flow
Advantages of the Counterflow design:
- Spray water distribution makes the tower more freeze-resistant.
- Breakup of water in spray makes heat transfer more efficient.
Cooling Towers are widely used in Food Industry, Plastic Industries, Oil refineries, Petrochemical, other Chemical plants, Thermal power stations, HVAC systems for cooling buildings etc. among various other industries.
Benefits of cooling tower
- Low energy consumption
- Low installed cost
- Easy maintenance
- Long working life